Do you have a favourite movie? One that just makes you laugh out loud whenever you watch it?
Well Kung Fu Panda rocks it for me…in fact, my family have more fun watching me laughing at the movie than they do watching the movie itself.
The reason I love this movie so much is that there are some UNIVERSAL TRUTHS throughout the storyline…plus I’m a sucker for slapstick and great comedic writing.
When I saw Kung Fu Panda was on again this weekend I hit the record button and watch it later without putting the family through it one more time.
Five minutes in, I had to stop and grab my notepad and pen because I was struck with how many great business lessons are contained within this movie…I promise after reading this you’ll look at this movie again in a different light.
So here are 15 terrific business lessons gleaned from Kung Fu Panda
- When you follow your PASSION, you will find your PURPOSE
- Be PUNCTUAL – opportunities could be lost because of tardiness
- Where there’s a will there’s a way – can’t get through the door, try pole-vaulting a wall instead…if you really want something, you WILL find a way
- Ignore those who try to quash your dreams – many will give you reasons why you don’t belong or why you can’t achieve what you want…ignore them and give it ALL YOU’VE GOT!
- Comparing yourself to others only causes you despair
- There is no good or bad, it is just news…the same with business. There is no failure…it is just results. We often learn more from so-called ‘failures’ than many of our successes.
- LET GO of the illusion of control
- Find a MENTOR that can help you achieve your dreams
- At first it will be hard, then it gets easier with PRACTICE
- Be UNIQUE…there is no-one else like you
- CELEBRATE your achievements along the way
- Keep FOCUS on your goals/dreams
- To make something special you just have to BELIEVE it is special
- There is POWER in believing in yourself
- Focus on your STRENGTHS and use them to your advantage
- BELIEVE in your inner Dragon Warrior